Homeland Jpn GC startup guide/translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeland Jpn GC startup guide/translation

Homeland First Play Thread for impressions and gameplay questions can be found here

Well heres the very start to get any potential importers round all the menus & stuff because lets face it, the chances of this hitting the uk are practically nil. These are not literal translations of the menus but rough description of what they do.

So First thing is to select the very top option (new game) & choose weither to be a boy or girl. Then using the menu name your character, sadly you can't select english letters for naming. Then confirm your name when done by selecting the top option (yes) or the bottom option (no) to go back.

You will start the game, your asleep on the floor. Your mother shouts through to you to see if your doing your homework. Answer yes (left option) then goto the table & examine it then select the left option to finish your homework. You will then have a multiple choice quiz testing your maths the questions are pretty easy. Now you have completed your homework go over to the bed.

Now examine the book on the bed & select the left option to read it. You will be asked questions & depending on how you answer you will be given different characters to play homeland with. However i dont have all the questions worked out so select anything to get your characters. After finishing the questions go examine your desk.

Your mother will shout through and ask you to check your closet so go examine it. Tenshi will bust out your closet & explain about homeland he will then give you a quester mascot collection box for your chest of drawers. Go over & select one of the characters that are in the box (there should be 2) you will then transform into that character. Go back & talk to tenshi he will as you if you want to enter with that character select either yes (left option) or no (right option) to enter the homeland hub.

Your now in the hub, from here you can visit all the areas you have discovered once you have been playing for a while. There are teleporters around the edge of the hub. As you go through the game you will come across lamps (looks like a bird bath with glowing light) when you find a lamp it will activate a warp lamp in the homeland hub allowing you quick travel between areas.

Right in the main area theres a desk in front of you & to the left is a bell, if you wish to summon another character to help you. Just ring the bell then you will have to pay a fee for bringing a character to the hub. As you play for longer you will eventually win extra mascots that you can summon to your team to make you stronger. For now you can only summon the 1 extra mascot you left in the box in your room. I'll explain it all better later on.

To the right of the main desk there will be a blue mark on the floor & tenshi will be stood on it. Talk to him & select the left option to warp down.

Right your on your own for a bit, go level up & explore.
    Last edited by VR46; 31-08-2005, 21:11.

Heres the menu translations.....

Pressing the A button will bring up this screen

Now we will start from the far left (Talk) this option brings up a chat box that is mainly used when your online. In single player offline mode you wont really use it.

Next option is (Item) This is what you will see after you have collected some items from the treasure chests lying around or ones dropped by killed monsters.

The top line is your money. Then the equipment is listed below. The little red box next to it indicates its currently equipped.

Select an item & you get this screen. Depending on the item it may only be used or you might be able to equip it. If the option is greyed out then you cant do that action.

To equip items on other characters on your team you have to stand in front of them & use the give option to let them equip it. When you equip an item yourself a status box will appear (still need to translate stats) but as a general rule blue numbers indicate its stronger, red numbers indicate its weaker.

The next option in the main menu is Status, on this screen you can see all your stats plus you & your teamates health you can also see how much more exp you need to get to the next level.

The next one is examine (pretty straight forward really)

Next option is hold hands, when you have more than 1 person in your group, you can join hands & your health & powers become combined. The person at the front is the only one capable of taking damage.

Next option is magic, depending on your character your playing as & your level you will get a multitude of spells tp play with. Far too many to list at the moment as i still need to work out what half of them do.

Theres 3 more options that appear in the main menu only when your in a fight. Escape lets you select a direction to run in, assuming theres nobody behind you & defend lets you brace yourself to take a hit for 1 turn without taking as much damage. And attack is pretty much self explanatory.

Phew now onto the menu that comes up when you press the start button. Theres only 3 options in here. Quest information lets you look over the last event text you triggerd (pretty useless if you cant read japanese) Settings has the volume control options in it & save lets you save your current position. When saving left option is yes & right option is no.

Thats it for now.
    Last edited by importaku; 31-08-2005, 23:44.

Comment

Well after an eternity, i have started working on the guide to this amazing game. Thanks to the japanese wikipedia i have managed to do quite a big chunk today.

This is the scenario tree, it plots out how the story changes depending on the different events. The games story consists of different mini volumes inside the 1 main story. This isn't complete yet but heres a taster.

Heres the japanese original

& heres my translated effort

Comment

Been meaning to put the hours into this for ages. No better time to start than now.(^_^)

Comment

hey awesome

hopefully i will have actually started playing the game by the time all this is done

thanks for your efforts... it will certainly save me sitting through it with a dictionary

the fact that this game has no kanji (right?) is so awesome....

Comment

Yup no kanji it's all in hiragana & katakana.

By the weekend i should have the main story scenario branches fully translated (fingers crossed) the tree page i did will be too confusing unless you can see the detailed breakdown.

Oh & in case your wondering, you need to complete the first quest before you can use online mode.

Comment

doesn't the online mode require a second disc?

because my copy only came with one......

err.... should i ask for an exchange?

Comment

Nope the normal retail version is 1 disk only.

Comment

awesome!

now all i need to do is a get a non-existant broadband adapter

i wonder if online cube titles will be compatible with the rev's wifi?

(edit.... sorry to clog your guide with this crap )

Comment

hey importaku, just wanted to say thanks for the effort you've been putting into this, would have got nowhere without it!

Comment

I have added the more detailed branch guide but i still have to play through each story volume, testing out if the guide is accurate. But seeing as it takes about 8-9 hours of play per story it's going to take quite some time.

I have left the original japanese text & put the english under it, eventually ill have all the people & place names highlighted so its easier for non kana reader to work out who is who.

If any native japanese readers want to help tweak my translation. Feel free to help (^_^)

sorry if its still messy but its so hard trying to get everything to make sense in english, plus my japanese reading level is pretty basic to say the least.

Comment

Dude, how long have you been at this yourself? Must be draining some time for sure.
                        Really appreciate it though. When I first got it I thought I'd at least manage to get outside. I'd been stuck doing the damn homework for an age.

Comment

Im at the 51 hour mark, the scary thing is i have only gone through the game 3 times as i got stuck for aaages at one point.

Comment

Well just a quick update, I have now translated all of the story branches. Still need to add a bit of extra info to them so its easier for non kana readers & people who dont know the game too well.

I have done about 80% of the item list so you can work out what weapons & sheilds & items have which effect when equipped.

Still to do......

Translate the tale of 100 years ago.
                            Translate all the magic list.
                            Add a bit about how the game system works.
                            Maybe a bit about online mode ect..

Phew (^_^) so much still to do, i hope this will eventually urge people to buy this unique game.

Comment

Working...
                            X